700 pcs limited edition watch dedicated to the 700th anniversary of the city of Vilnius– the capital of Lithuania.
The watch design was created in accordance with the legend of the Vilnius city establishment and the image of the brutal “Iron Wolf” with metal armor and a mechanical heart inside:
- Stainless steel watch case with shifted black crown and solid bracelet with rivets and a solid buckle with a double lock made in the style of medieval armor
- The watch dial with indexes in the shape of the wolf‘s fangs shows the open heart of the wolf at the center and contour of the Tower of the Gediminas Castle at 6H.
- A luminous image of the Iron Wolf appears on the crystal in the dark near the tower, which Wolf has been defending for the last seven centuries.
- The printing “700 years anniversary of Vilnius” is located at the case back crystal
- The inner green pattern of oak leaves in the Oak watch box is made per Lithuanian traditions.
The Geležinis Vilkas (the Iron Wolf in English) is a mythical character from a medieval legend of the founding of Vilnius – the capital city of the old Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the modern Republic of Lithuania.
According to the legend, Grand Duke Gediminas (ca. 1275 – 1341) was hunting in the sacred forest near the Valley of Šventaragis, near where the Vilnia River flows into the Neris River. Tired after the successful hunt of an auroch, the Grand Duke settled in for the night. He fell soundly asleep and dreamed of a huge Iron Wolf standing on top of a hill and howling as strong and loud as a hundred wolves. Upon awakening, the Duke asked the krivis (pagan priest) Lizdeika to interpret the dream.
"What is destined for the ruler and the State of Lithuania is thus: the Iron Wolf represents a castle and a city which you will establish on this site.
This city will be the capital of the Lithuanian lands and the dwelling of their rulers, and the glory of their deeds shall echo throughout the world." – the priest told him.
Therefore, Gediminas, obeying the gods’ will, built the city and gave it the name Vilnius – from the stream of the Vilnia river.
- Brand: Vostok Europe
- Country of origin: Lithuania
- Limited edition
- SII NH72
- Japanese automatic movement (manual winding possible, no battery needed)
- Second stop function (for precise time adjustment)
- Very durable and reliable
- Power reserve: approx. 41 hours
- Shock protection
- Material: Surgical grade stainless steel brushed
- Diameter: 43 mm
- Height: 15.5 mm
- Water resistance: 20 atm. --200 meters-- 660 feet
- Glass: anti-reflective K1 crystal
- Crown: screw-down
- Case back: screw-in exhibition
- Illumination: green superluminova on dial, blue superluminva wolf on crystal
- Engraved serial number only 700 will be built
- Material: special bracelet
- Lug width: 22 mm
- Engraved Vostok Europe logo
- Vostok Europe watch
- Oak VE box
- Leaflet on the legend with individual watch number
- Warranty pass with operating instructions
- Case Material:
- Stainless Steel
- Case Width:
- Dial Color:
- Strap Type:
- Stainless Steel
- Watch Type:
- Water Resistance:
- 20 ATM